February 4, 2011

Benefits of Volunteering

Why volunteer?

Not only does it help others and your community, BUT it also helps combat stress and reduce illnesses.  So, serving others also serves yourself.  Why volunteer?  Why not?

Click on this LINK for more information on this study. Fascinating stuff!

Personally, I like to volunteer with my family. It allows me to stay connected with our community, without taking time away from my kids. Plus, it teaches them a valuable lessons about giving back while having fun.

This past weekend, I had the great pleasure to volunteer for these fine folks during the Sun Valley Snowshoe Race. Basically, if there is ever an event that Liz Clark or Brad Mitchell put on, I will be the first to volunteer since they are high class people with big hearts.  The 2nd Annual Snowshoe Race was a big success on such a beautiful day.  Man, I love this place!

1 comment:

boise jewelers said...

I really appreciate the person who has written such a wonderful blog. Your simple use of language and no frills makes the post a great read...